[delphizip] Re: Error 8323592

  • From: "Roger Aelbrecht" <Aelbrecr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:53:45 +0200

http://vexzilla.conkil.net/html/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=469
>>> )
>>
>>> I could open it, but if I want to test or extract it I get
>>> Error 8323592.
>>> Did anybody know this error ?
>>
>>> Could this be a a zipfile with the new 64bit compression method ?
>>
>> when i try to extract the file contained in that archive using
>> winzip, i get
>> the error message "Compression method 9 not supported", so what does
>> that
>> mean?
>
> Just found in the PKZip AppNote
>
>   9 - Enhanced Deflating using Deflate64(tm)
>
> So it seems I was a little too hasty to say that is not the new 64bit
> compression
> method, sorry about that
> I was referring to the Zip64 structures in Local and Central Header
> that only
> come up with file sizes larger > 4GB. Did not know , until now, about
> this compression method.

As a test I changed the compression method to 9 in the
central header of a small test archive and did an extract->test
I got FullErrCode 8323592

In UnzErr.h I noticed that there are some error numbers that have a
different structure and one of them is
#define UEN_TEST02                      0x7F0208        /* in Process.c
But it is not in Process.c, it is in Extract.c in a function that does the
test on the archive.
UEN_TEST is returned when some files are skipped without indicating
the reason.
Repeating the test with Verbose on I found skiptype = 5
In ZMaster.pas we find for type 5 = stCompressionUnknown

Roger Aelbrecht
http://home.tiscali.be/driehoeksw