[DECtalk], A Bit Torrent of the Dectalk archive

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dectalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:41:25 -0500

Hello,
For those of you who know about the Dectalk archive and like the stuff you
can find there, I have the following announcement.
It has come to my attention that the andrelouis.com server is being
overwhelmed with requests for Dectalk archive material.  Now, if you wish to
download the archive, there's a better way.  In an attempt to shift the
bandwidth burden away from Andre and on to a larger group of people, I have
just created a Bit Torrent of the unofficial Dectalk archive, as
taken from my unofficial mirror on January 29, 2005.  Hopefully this will
remove some of the burden from the Andrelouis.com server.  The more people
who connect to this torrent, the faster it will go for everybody.  For a
much more
detailed announcement, and an explanation of what this is all about, go to
the following url.
http://www.bluegrasspals.com/dectalk.txt
Feel free to forward this to other lists or friends.  I hope you enjoy the
archive.
Jayson Smith

and type
unsubscribe