[Debatewise RRT] Debatewise Forum

  • From: "Alex Helling" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <debatewiserrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <debatewisewzm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:05:02 +0100

Hello everyone,

                                 I thought I would send this separate from
the usual RRT emails as some of you probably charge straight for the topics
and ignore what I write! We have created a forum for the rapid response team
and the editing team. You can access it at
http://debatewise.info/forum/index.php. This forum was really created for
the editing team as it is useful to discuss what debates need editing and
how as well as providing somewhere where users can point out what needs
deleting. However I am sure it will also be useful for the RRT by providing
somewhere to discuss who is taking what debate without having to email
everyone and this should allow for more cooperation on debates. Also our
current debates don't really provide anywhere for discussing community
related issues and emailing the list about something rapidly leads to lots
of very long emails hopefully this forum will prevent this problem.

Basically it works like any other similar forum you may have been to. So I
assume I won't need to explain anything!

For the moment at least I will keep sending out the RRT mails as usual.
There is no point in switching everything over to the forum while no one is
there so I shall wait a few weeks and see how it goes.

Also as a reminder Leo was looking for someone else to help with writing
about the progress of the WODC. He gave a deadline of the weekend (no idea
if that means midnight tonight or midnight Sunday night!) email
leo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to apply:

Preferably with debating experience of some sort: "The second task that I
would like you to do is to please write something short but at least a
paragraph on which debate out of the First round debates of this years
competition do you think is the best and why? You don't have to agree with
the adjudicators decision on the debate you choose.  However in your answer
I'd like to see you communicate clear knowledge about debating and show your
passion for it through your words and style. Basically please show me a
taste of what you can do in a short space."

Regards,

Alex