[ddots-l] sluggish keyboard

  • From: "Raymond" <musicalman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:51:27 -0500

Hi everyone. I got Sonar working     but I have a big problem. I can play okay
on the keyboard and everything's all right. But when I record, it might take at
least a half a second for a note to come after I played it. So if I played
middle c while recording, It might take a half a second before it plays. And
sometimes, the notes don't stop every time I let go. They'll sustain for a half
a second or so. I have one gigabyte of ram, with a yamaha psr540 as my
keyboard, and using the synth that's coming with Sonar. My friend, Tony, said
that some synths might not have enough power or something and they'll be slow
but I don't think that's the case. Any ideas?