[ddots-l] saving sonar files onto new hard drive

  • From: "Brian Kijewski" <sitedblind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:55:56 -0400

Hello:
I am getting a new hard drive, I'm going to copy my old oimportant files
onto it, and then I'm going to re-format my current hard drive. When I
re-format, sonar will be uninstalled, but as I said, I want to keep all my
sonar projects. If I just copy the cakewalk projects folder onto the new
drive, will I be able to access all my audio and data for each project once
I re-install sonar?
Also, people were talking about a way to get sonar to keep the audio and
data for a project in one folder for organization. I have always just
converted every project into a .cwb file in order to back it up onto CD. Is
this the best idea or should I look into this other way discussed for
backing stuff? If so, how do I go about setting up sonar to allow me to keep
everything in a folder for each project?
Thanks in advance.

Brian Kijewski

http://www.soundclick.com/cosmicrepercussions