[ddots-l] Re: no metronome

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:57:16 -0800

It is possible to use the soft synths.  However, latency will be a
problem, particularly with a metronome.  Just to make sure your
metronome works, make sure that one of those instruments is assigned to
port 1 channel 10 and the port 1 channel 10 instrument is a GM drum set.
Then, at least, you will hear a click.  Unfortunately, it will lag, so
it won't be what you want to use.  Eventually, you'll want to get some
hardware synth for this task or use the PC speaker.  Soft synths, or the
GS Wavetable, will lag too far behind to be of any use.
Kevin