[ddots-l] Re: full info on the Cakewalk Vstudio 700 from harmony central

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:17:10 -0000

Have faith, Neville.  Almost exactly a year ago, the "Inclusion
through Music 2007" conference at the Royal College of Music in
London, laid down significant accessibility foundations with a number
of developers and manufacturers of music products.

Speaking as a Dancing Dots dealer here in the U.K., I can tell you
that the last 10 years or so has been a major uphill struggle.
However this year we have seen a significant increase in the number of
students going to college and university to study music.  Many of
these are students developed their talents at school with the aid of
GOODFEEL, Caketalking and Sibelius Speaking.

It is also apparent that an increasing number of school districts over
here are making decisions to purchase district licenses based on
whether or not the product can be accessed by their blind and
partially sighted pupils.  That has got a growing number of companies
feeling the proverbial pinch and looking at the accessible side of
their products.  No names, no pack drill, but I do know some members
of this list who are assisting companies develop accessible products.

So hang in there.  I'm confident you will see some exciting
developments in the next year.

George Bell.

                From: Damon Fibraio <mailto:dfibraio@xxxxxxxxxxx>