[ddots-l] Re: firewire vs usb

  • From: Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:46:15 +0200

Totally agree, people think well I have 6 or 8 USB 2 ports on my
motherboard but in reality all those ports share the same bus and the
same bandwith, some higher end motherboards have more than 1 USB 2 bus
and they work better but mostly they have only 1. Yes Apple are
pushing thunderbolt these days and I'm sure and as I previously said
it will eventually replace firewire but this won't happen anytime soon
and I don't see Apple dropping firewire from their machines anytime
soon, thunderbolt is just not mature enough yet.