[ddots-l] Re: editing query

  • From: Phil Muir <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2019 16:52:14 +0100

Gosh if that system was configured a few years a go I would be amazed if all of the settings are still intact. You could always check those as D J X suggested.

On 8 August 2019 16:42:02 Richard Moore <Richard.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi DJX

Thanks so much for getting back to me and I am delighted you are asking loads of questions. My answers are under each question below if that is ok.

Hello Richard,

1. Are you certain that CT is configured correctly, all toolbars, screen resolution, windows color scheme etc? Read the setting up guides in the CT folders in documents if you are not sure.

Answer: I purchased the full set-up from Dancing Dots a few years ago. They installed all relevant software so I assume the settings are correct. The system was working properly but I have just noticed this particular issue recently.

2. Try using f9 and f10 to mark from and through, does that make a difference? Go to bar 10, press f9 to mark from, then press number 2 on the numbers row to jump 2 bars forward to bar 12 (the beginning of it) then press f10 to mark the through point. Then press ctrl plus enter. Does it still highlight the entire track?

Answer: I normally use shift and f9 to insert the bars. I will try what you are suggesting tonight when I go home.

3. If you are working with MIDI data only, what happens if you just press the delete key (the one next to the insert and end keys in the center cluster of keys)?

Answer: I am using a laptop. There are two delete keys but they are not beside the insert key. One delete key is on the top row of keys, third in from the right and the other delete key is directly below on the second row from the top. When I press the delete without selecting nothing happens.

4.       Have you tried selecting things in another project? Does that work?

Answer: Yes I tried deleting a few bars in another project. It worked first time but I could not get it to work a second time.

5.       Are you sure that you are in the custom CakeTalking tab?

Answer: Yes definitely I am in the custom tab

6. Has your sighted friend messed with items on the screen in Sonar's windows?

Answer: It is possible that he changed something without realizing it but he is normally pretty clued into that sort of thing. Is there a way to reset just in case?

7. Finally, and I should have probably asked this first, what version of JAWS and Windows are you using?

Answer: I am using Jaws 16 and Windows 7. This hasn't changed from the original set-up by Dancing Dots. I don't have the computer linked to the internet to avoid possible updates.

I am going to go back at it tonight.

Thanks again for all your help.

Richard

HTH, DJX