[ddots-l] Re: [blindwindows7] How do I check my firewall is on

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:46:13 -0400

Well, becarefull what you disable, from what you told me awhile back about
your system, it sounds like it should handle much without budging. Check in
device manager, go to view and select resources by type, then look in IRQ
(long list for 64bit OS). If there are any IRQ lanes being shared with your
audio interface (since you have a firewire device, you're interested in your
firewire controller). If anything is sharing an IRQ with it, disable
anything else on that channel (if you can of course). If you can't, if
firewire is not on the motherboard but on a PCI/PCIE slot, try moving it
around to another slot (be carefull with this). If the firewire controller
is the only thing on that specific channel, then you are ok. Disabling
anything that you won't need won't really help.
A lot of new applications are requiring a present ethernet adapter to even
open (because they know you'll need one to register), to avoid piracy and
such. So don't disable it from the bios.
Are you having probs with your system? Or are you just doing this just
because.

D!J!X!