[ddots-l] Re: audio dropouts

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:02:39 -0400

Well, there's the buffer size for the audio interface, the buffer for disk I/O,
and (if you're using WDM) the Sonar internal audio buffer. Your drive could be
too fragmented. Your drive could be too slow. Your drive could be a model with
too little cache memory. You could have background processes running, sucking
up processor power. You could have an effect on a bin that is too powerful for
your computer to run in real-time.

Bryan