[ddots-l] Re: Track Inspector Problem Persists

  • From: Chi Kim <chigookkim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:20:06 -0400

Hi Chris,

I sometimes have simular problem showing the parameters in inspector as well. Try this.
1. Go to the track or bus that you want to change the effects parameters.
2. Press shift+f twice to go to effects bin.
3. Move to the effect that you want to change by pressing right cursor.
4. Then press i to open inspector and go down to effects.
5. Press right arrow to go to the effect that you want to change.
6. Go down and see if you can see the parameters.
When I have this problem, I focus my cursor on the actual effect on the track pane as well as inspector. Then it works.
Let me know if it works for you too.

Chi

On 4/18/2011 3:42 PM, Chris Smart wrote:
I sent an expanded version of this to Dancing Dots privately, including attached CT debug report, and screen shot.

I'm having the following annoying problem in Sonar Producer 8.53, 64-bit.

Scenario: I have a simple project with one stereo audio track, and a master bus in the Bus Pane, one audio effect inserted in each.

Problem: After inserting an audio effect on the track, and another audio effect on the Master Bus, I find that I am unable to go back to the track effect and edit its parameters in the Track Inspector. No matter what I do, the Inspector wants to only show me the parameters from the effect inserted on the Master Bus.

Sometimes, the opposite happens. I can change parameters on the track effect, but going to the Master Bus and bringing up the Track Inspector, I still see the Track effect parameters, not those for the Master Bus's effect.

I'm using the latest version of CT, Windows 7 Professional, on an AMD Phenom II (4 cores at 3.4GHZ) 16GB ram.

I've gone through all the CT setup documents, and the only difference on my system from the recommended settings is that I have folders set to open in the same window, instead of each one in a separate window. Everything else is fine. I tried changing that one option, so each folder opens in its own window, but my problem persists.

This problem is keeping me from finishing paid jobs!

Thanks for any help with this! I've even tried reinstalling Sonar, CT, HSC etc.

Chris Smart