[ddots-l] Re: Too much sizzle on S syllables.

  • From: Robert Hall <cutterdeedo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 12:27:53 -0500

No noise in recording, I found and solved the issue. The problem was in the
frequency level before exporting to audio.

The world and people are more beautiful when we view them from the inside
out.Greetings: Robert Hall
Visit me on the cloud at: https://soundcloud.com/robertlee-hall or visit my
site at: www.truecutproductions.com.

On Oct 27, 2015, at 10:31 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

well, first, those commercial mixes have probably been mastered to a very
high average loudness level, so unless your mix is the same, turn down the
commercial mastered tracks until they are as close to the same apparent
loudness as your mix.

More important though, why do you have lots of background noise in your
recording?

At 05:48 PM 10/27/2015, you wrote:
Hello Phil: Maybe you and some of the other mix masters can advise me on how
to reduce the excess white noise on my mix surrounding S syllables when I
crank up the volume to test its loudness when I compare it with the loudness
of of some of the industry mixes. Here is the puzzle: when I play it with
Win Amp or Media Player, the sound is not affected when I crank up the
volume. I want to be able to do the same thing on my portable MP3 player:
which plays both Wave and MP3 formats. I have been playing with the trim in
the Cakewalk (FX EQ) plugin, and the (High shelf) slider in the equalizer,
but I am trying to avoid making the mix too dark. How do I maintain this
perfect level without sacrificing too much quality. I would appreciate your
input on this puzzle. Robbie Lee.

The world and people are more beautiful when we view them from the inside
out.Greetings: Robert Hall
Visit me on the cloud at: https://soundcloud.com/robertlee-hall or visit my
site at: www.truecutproductions.com .
--- Learn to meditate and train your brain with Muse, the first lab-grade EEG
biofeedback headband for home use! PLEASE READ THIS FOOTER AT LEAST ONCE! To
leave the list, click on the immediately following link:
then send a message to: ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the Subject line
type unsubscribe For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
immediately following link: ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq or send
a message, to ddots-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the Subject line type faq