[ddots-l] Too much sizzle on S syllables.

  • From: Robert Hall <cutterdeedo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:48:47 -0500

Hello Phil: Maybe you and some of the other mix masters can advise me on how to
reduce the excess white noise on my mix surrounding S syllables when I crank up
the volume to test its loudness when I compare it with the loudness of of some
of the industry mixes. Here is the puzzle: when I play it with Win Amp or Media
Player, the sound is not affected when I crank up the volume. I want to be able
to do the same thing on my portable MP3 player: which plays both Wave and MP3
formats. I have been playing with the trim in the Cakewalk (FX EQ) plugin, and
the (High shelf) slider in the equalizer, but I am trying to avoid making the
mix too dark. How do I maintain this perfect level without sacrificing too much
quality. I would appreciate your input on this puzzle. Robbie Lee.

The world and people are more beautiful when we view them from the inside
out.Greetings: Robert Hall
Visit me on the cloud at: https://soundcloud.com/robertlee-hall or visit my
site at: www.truecutproductions.com.