[ddots-l] Sound Forge Playback Slow to Start

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:42:05 -0400

Hi folks.

I'm running Sound Forge 10.0C on a fast machine, with a Focusrite Saffire Pro14 interface which uses ASIO.

I'm experiencing a problem in Sound Forge where audio playback is very slow to start. Sometimes when I hit space or another key to start playback, it happens almost instantly as it should. But many other times now, I don't hear anything for 2-3 seconds. As you can imagine, skimming through audio, selecting portions etc. is now very tedious at best.

What's weird is I don't think I've changed anything in Sound Forge. I even tried resetting just about everything in the options dialogs to defaults, but the problem persists.

In Sonar and other programs, playback is snappy and responsive as always.

I've tried various buffer settings in Saffire Mix Control but no luck and I really do think this is something specific to Sound Forge.

Other than select which device to use for playback in Options > Audio, there's not much else to adjust in there. Do any of you have ideas on what I should check next?

thanks for any suggestions,

Chris