[ddots-l] Re: Sonar and autotune

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:11:37 -0600

Under the subject, "Making Autotune Accessible" I wrote the following,
"As a blind musician, I use JAWS (Job Access With Speech) which is a Screen
Reader, and use scripts developed by
Dancing Dots Inc., to enable me to access Sonar.  I use other products and
their respective scripts, but I'm using
Dancing Dots here because they provide not only excelent access tools, but
tutorials from a blind person's perspective
which are so well-written, I rarely have to seek assistance from CakeWalk's
support staff...

I would certainly enjoy having your product in my production tools arsenal, and
surely think my vocals might improve from
having it at hand.  (smile)  However, as it currently exists, it's
functionality is severely limited--as controls, button names,
and parameters are inaccessible to the screen reader, and therefore to me.

I'm sure you've heard from other blind musicians on this topic, at least via
phone; and I suspect that you might find, after
talking with the staff of Dancing Dots, that the current situation could be
greatly improved.  I'm sure you'd like to see
"our green" mix into your cash flow, and I suspect the efforts necessary to
bring such a situation into being might only
require open exchange of dialogue with the folks at Dancing Dots and
yourselves.

In any event, resolving the current problem would open your product to a
demographic currently unable to use it, could
be used to acquire publicity, and in setting forth bid specifications for those
desirous of purchasing your product with
Public Funds, as Section508 compliant.

W. Nick Dotson"

Such fun I shall be having on next week's vacation and this is only the
start...  (grin)

Nick

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:06:57 -0800 (PST), Jay Thompson wrote:

 Hey! How bout this, why don't we all send an e-mail to
 Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and ask them to make it
 accessible to blind people, and tell them about Jaws
 and dancingdots and what they're doing.  Maybe if they
 get enough requests they'll do it because of popular
 demand.  Hey I did it today, somebody back me up on
 this kay?
 Thanks
 Jay

 Jay Thompson
 You can do all things through Christ that strengthens you.  Phil4:13