[ddots-l] Re: Slowing down a song to learn a part

  • From: Michael C <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 08:22:04 -0400

hi there if you are not happy with the results of a software based slow down system.

There is a device called the JS8 from Boss.
While the unit is a stand alone based system, it does have the ability to have it hooked up to a computer where you can actually rip any mp3 in to it, and with the buttons which are layed out easy enough that you can located the transpose/tempo button. The nice thing about the JS8 is that you can plug in your guitar, and you also have a multi effects like distortion, flange reverb, derived from the GT10. The unit has built in speakers, and has out put jacks to go in to a mixer, or stario system.
It’s a perfect tool to be lifting tunes.

As I said before th buttons are very easy to locate.
I've actually taken the time to label all the icons in the JS8 editor which comes with the unit, to allow you to rip music in to it.

Hope this helps.
-----Original Message----- From: Chris Smart
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 9:07 AM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Slowing down a song to learn a part

well, there are many other such tools out there.
have you tried typing "slow down music" into google?

At 12:51 AM 10/14/2011, you wrote:
Hey man,
I am actually running winamp for my media player. I don't think windows media plaer is on my daw unless I don't know it's there.
Brian