[ddots-l] Re: Side chain-what is it?

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:19:17 -0500

Well, side chaining is like having insert point right on the effect itself for feeding in an input signal. This will allow the gate to be modulated by the input signal. Also, in the case of a compressor, a ducker is a good example of this.

Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>