[ddots-l] Shure SM57's

  • From: "Brian Kijewski" <sitedblind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:22:32 -0400

Hey:
I just bought two used Shure SM57's. I was told that they work extremely
well for micing guitars. I haven't been able to get them to work well
though. They sound all right, but it records very muffly. I have to play
around a lot in the graphic EQ in order to get it sounding better. Perhaps
something in my setup is causing this? I have an Audio Buddy preamp and a
delta audiophyle sound card. Any suggestions?
I'm just starting out and am getting very frustrated. I really need to get
some better equipment. I just want to be able to record a nice, clean guitar
sound; withouth it being muffly and without any clipping.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian