[ddots-l] Re: Shure SM57's

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:10:24 -0400

ah, he's German. *grin* Hopefully he has a sense of humor.

The Vox Tonelab SE he is talking about has a single tube in it that
helps emulate the power section of the various amp models it tries
to emulate. This differs from many guitar devices that use a single
tube in the preamp section, usually for marketing purposes.
Anyway, you can read more about the Vox Tonelab and Tonelab SE by
going to Vox's Web site, reading reviews on sites like
harmonycentral.com, or typing Vox Tonelab into google.

Heh, all he means by potty is that the various parameters of the
Tonelab each have dedicated knobs. Pot is short for potentiometer,
which for some reason he calls a "potty". *laugh*
Uh, Martin, potty is where you have to go after drinking too many
of your German beers.

Chris