[ddots-l] Quick Update: Jaws and Sonar 8.5 - sonar crashes when sonar help is closed

  • From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:18:46 -0400

The workaround suggested here didn't work for me. It was suggested to close help with the menu command rather than alt+f4, but this didn't help at all; sonar still crashed when help was closed.

What finally worked for me is to go back to Jaws10 on that machine. Now I get another (much less severe) help-related issue: Jaws doesn't seem to move from pane to pane with f6 while in Sonar help. If I launch the help file from windows explorer, it works fine.

Is there a good reason to run with a more recent version of Jaws? Things seem to be working ok, but I'm wondering if any significant jSonar features require a Jaws version greater than 10.

-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc@xxxxxxx>