[ddots-l] Re: Problems with Rode NT1 mic

  • From: Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:35:08 +0200

Hi a few questions.
1. Is it a new mic if not is this the first time it happens?
2. Are you applying the rite phantom voltage 48 v and not less or maybe more?
3. Have you tryed it on a different pre amp and what's the results?
4. Have you tryed another mic on the channel and what's the results.
Yes the NT1 gives a hot signal but it's not so hot that you'll peek
without any gain on a propper pre amp, there might be something wrong
with it.
Nickus