[ddots-l] Re: Please help with mixing? Should i keep my current system?

  • From: Jack Conti <jackconti@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:55:09 -0400

hi my monitors have an eddiktional sub woofer and i used it very spearingly, a good pair of nearfield monitors should do the trick.

At 05:04 AM 9/2/2010, you wrote:
Hi, my system that im using now for basicly everything is 2 jbl
mr915's with a sampsong 18 inch sub, a 12 channel makie mixer and a
makie power amp that has just died and is not worth repairing. Now
what i used to use this set up for was to run my line6 pod, keyboards,
mixing music through sonar, and also every now and then for music
playback through a cd player. Now since i have amps i never run the
pod direct anymore so i don't use that and i really don't do much
music playback anymore. So, i have heard that a pair of studio
moniters would be the best way to go for mixing since there very flat
in there responce. So im trying to decide should i just sell
everything and go for some good moniters? If so how much would they
run? All i would really use it for now is mostly mixing and playing my
motif keyboard through as well as computer samples. But i was
wondering how the keyboard would sound through it verses a pa like i
have now? And how would i mix the low sub bass herts with just a pair
of moniters? Thanks for any help.