[ddots-l] Need Help With Addictive Drums Demo

  • From: Kelly Sapergia <ksapergia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:05:18 -0600

Hi,

A couple years ago, I tried out the Addictive Drums plugin, but as the kit wasn't in a General MIDI form, I didn't really understand how it worked, so I uninstalled it. After hearing a demo of the plugin on Blind Cool Tech the other day, however, I thought I'd give it another try, since I'm interested in getting something that's better than Session Drummer 3. (I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but to me the drums I was using with that plugin on a recent project don't sound quite right.) However, I've run into a problem. After installing the Addictive Drums demo, I rescanned my VST folders again, but even though there is a DLL file, Sonar didn't find it. In other words, I couldn't find anything related to the product or XLN Audio, the developer, when trying to insert it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Show Host and Production Director