[ddots-l] Re: Missing Plug-ins in Sonar X64?

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 08:54:33 +0100

Chris, when you installed Wave Arts, did you install the Power Suite 5 64
bit plug-ins?  If not then, it's possible that they may not show up.  Having
said that, BitBrridge, should pick all of them up.  BTW, I have installed
the Power Suite 32 bit plug-ins for use in Sonar 32 bit, and the 64 bit ones
for SonarX64 and that's all working out great.  Hmm, just had another
thought.  Are your 32 bit plug-ins installed somewhere in the

Program Files (x86)

Folder?  My guess is that they will be because, that's usually where you
would find them.  That would also explain why they are not showing up as you
won't have included any folder that contains 32 bit plug-ins in the .VST
scan.  For example, if you have the 32 bit version of Sonar installed then,
you would find them in the:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins

Folder.  Yet another good reason to install 32 bit Sonar along side as you
can then, simply add the 32 bit .VST folder to the scan.  If you can locate
the 32 bit .VST folder then, you will be able to add that as a folder in the
.VST tab in options.  If you then do a .VST scan again then, everything that
is .VST at least, will show up.   Mind you, nun of your 32 bit Waves or,
Wave Arts DXi plug-ins will ever show up in SonarX64 as they are only
compatible with 32 bit Sonar.  I always use .VST now a days as I don't want
to have to think about what may or, may not work.  If I wanted to use DXi
then, I would have to find 64 bit DXi compatible installers for the plug-ins
in question.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021