[ddots-l] Re: Kontakt Question

  • From: "Tim Martin" <atmartin59@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:32:13 -0600

Hi Steve,

I don't have a "files of type" when I try and load libraries.  When I press
CTRL, ALT and L, I only have five options.
Ok, Cancel, a list of folders, an edit box where the file name should go,
and a make new folder.
I'll answer the questions below:

1. When browsing to the instrument folders, do you see the instruments
listed within the dialog? (e.g, funk kit.nki)
No, I don't get that far.  I only get to the list where the instruments
types are.  (like horns, piano etc)

2. When do you get the message "Library not found", , at what point?
When I try and get deeper in where the instruments files are.

3. Are your instruments/libraries in the same folder as your samples?
No, they are both at the same level.

One thing to check, is in the "files of type" edit field of the load
dialog...make sure you have "all files" or move down to .nki files.  If you
have .nkb or nkm selected, it's probable they won't show.   Cheers Steve.

Thanks for your help, Steve!