[ddots-l] Good Music News?

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: midimag@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:37:16 -0400

HI folks.

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, I will continue to retweet articles about the current state of the music business, digital piracy and those who proffit from it, etc. However, since most of these stories are negative, given the current state of affairs, I would like to encourage something new.

When you see a positive music business story on twitter, please include the hash tag #GoodMusicNews in your retweet. It would be nice to see a glimmer of hope in the daily parade of gloom on this subject.

I only have one request attached to this idea of a #GoodMusicNews tag. Please don't blindly retweet seemingly positive news stories from pirates and the "everything should be free" crowd. Like climate change skeptics, these people are small in number but still out there repeating the same tired old arguments we've been hearing since the birth of Napster in the last century.

Chris