[ddots-l] Re: Fwd: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows 10 On Even More Windows 7 and 8 Systems

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 16:21:40 -0400

Hi, if you have windows set to not automatically install updates, which by
default every daw should be setup that way, then the update will show up as
recommended. You can hide it and you’ll be fine.

If you have windows to automatrically install updates (bad for daws) then it
will automatically install and update the OS.

This is not such a big issue, it’s just a change in status for the update, from
optional to recommended. Those that really got to worry are those with
automatically installed updates. Everyone else, just becarefull when installing
updates manually, just hide the windows 10.

As a matter of fact, if you didn’t installed or removed update KB3035583, you
will probably never get the windows update for 10 anyways. I’ve not gotten it
on any of my machines or my client’s machines who didn’t want it either,
because I didn’t install update KB3035583. This is the GWX update, which is
responsible for nagging you with the get windows 10 icon on the system tray,
and notifying ms that your pc is win10 ready/compatible.

HTH, D!J!X!

From: Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx> >
Date: October 30, 2015 at 3:28:36 PM CDT
To: blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [BlindGeekZone] Beware! Microsoft Plans to Push Windows 10 On Even
More Windows 7 and 8 Systems
<blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >

If you’re not ready yet to upgrade to Windows 10, you need to read this article:

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/30/beware-microsoft-plans-to-push-windows-10-on-even-more-windows-7-and-8-systems/

Gerald

---
To unsubscribe from the list, send a message to:

for other options, visit:

Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:Blindgeekzone-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you
will get back a message with instructions.

Archives can be found at:

http://blind-geek-zone.net/mailman/private/blindgeekzone_blind-geek-zone.net/

Note: You will need your username and password to access them