[ddots-l] Re: Following your feedback -- Finding The Setting Sun (V2.0

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:28:30 -0500

Way cool!  I liked it allot.  My only cavil as a drummer is the pitch of the
cross-stick which I thought should have been a bit lower for the pitch of the
snare in the rest of the song, and the cheesy China Splash cymbal.  (grin)  But
sonically it made me think of Grover Washington whom I saw in concert at the
Hollywood Bowl with Stan Gets. (spelling?) and it reminded me of a wonderful
Jazz Rock combo who played regionally during the early 70's and early 80's
called the Lambamba Brothers.

Nick