[ddots-l] Clips Get Muted After Changing from Default Recording Mode to Overwrite

  • From: Dani Pagador <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 19:25:06 -1000

Hi, Everyone.
I'm trying to lay down vocal tracks and am having trouble. When I go
in to Overwrite mode and redo what needs to be done, the clip gets
muted. My husband says he can see the Waveform, so something got
recorded. We can unmute the clip, so that's not a problem.

I don't recall having to unmute clips after overwriting, and am
wondering why this is happening and how to fix it.

Ideas?

Also, while searching the archive for an answer to the muting problem,
I saw a post about possibly changing the recoring mode in CW's default
template to Overwrite and then resaving the Normal template. I didn't
see anything about this in the tutorial, so am wondering if this is an
option?

Thanks,
Dani