[ddots-l] Re: Behrenger mixers

  • From: Mike C <m_dsmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:09:45 -0600

I couldn't agree with you more Nick, I myself have a Mackie 1402VLZ and have
had the unit for about 10 years now, and it still sounds as good as ever.  I
have looked at the bereingher stuff, and in my opinion it doesn't compare to
the Mackie line.  For one thing the bereingher distorts if your trim pots are
set to high, while the mackie sounds all around great.  Again we all have our
own tastes I suppose.

  From: Lewisjalexander@xxxxxxx
  Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:04:19 EST

  hi guys.

  ok here's a good one for you guys regarding mixers. now my experiences have
been both with mackie and behringer alongside a few other manufacturers. the
two I will mention are as follows
  Behringer MX 9000 eurodesk.
  Mackie 24/8 studio

  both of the above desks are the same to a pedegree and are high quality 24
channel studio and live consoles. well suited for recording 24 channels of
audio. the mackie is more expensive though at o2500 ish and the behringer at
o750 ish which features the same high quality hardware. if you want full 24
channel recording on your workstation PCs I'd say go behringer. I have the
MX9000 and love it.

  if you want a good soundcard to support this desk I recommend I'd say a
terratec phase 88 card X 3 so you get 24 channels in 3 breakout cards. which of
course can be user installed at the front of any base unit which I have done
with a few machines and my personal studio.

  hope all this helps. Personally I find the behringer out of the two is more
accessible

  lew