[ddots-l] ACT Learn mode, what is it and can I use it?

  • From: Christopher Bartlett <bridgeweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l-freelists.org" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:19:13 -0700

Ok, running CT 6.2 with Sonar 6.2. I keep running across mention of ACT learn and I have the idea it's a way of tying the controls of my midi controller to controls in a plug-in. OK so far. Can I use my Radium 49's controls to do this? How does one go about assigning controls in the plug-ins to the physical knobs and sliders?

I guess I'm confused a little about the difference between using ACT and the old-fashioned automation we've had access to before. Is the only difference that Sonar will remember the automation set-up and automagically switch to the setup for each plug-in as you bring focus to it?

        Christopher Bartlett