[ddots-l] Re: A question about saving project

  • From: John Schucker <gwynn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:47:23 -0600

Phil, I'm not sure I explained this very well, so let me try again. Sonar starts and the dialogue comes up about opening recent projects and such. I pick new project, and call it test, because I'm not sure if I'll want to save it or not. It's using the standard two audio two midi setup. I record. Now I want to save it, so I want to call i, I dunno, skateboards. So I pick save as, and tell it to save as skateboards and as a cwp file.

If I do that, it will actually save as d:\projects\test\skateboards. So the paths are set up as d:\projects\test and d:\projects\test\Audio. I took out the \test\, and instead of getting everything in a folder, d:\projects\skateboards, I got the audio in d:\projects\audio and a file d:\projects\skateboards.cwp. Obviously what I want is everything in a skateboards folder under projects. I suspect what I should have done is just change the box that asks where to save it from test to projects and it would have worked. So that's what I'm trying to ahve happen, if that makes more sense, hopefully.

That bundle trick worked like a dream though, thanks for that one.