[ddots-l] Re: A Couple Questions About Garritan's Products

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:41:04 +0100

Kelly wrote: Hi,
   I have a couple questions about Garritan's products.

1. Dimension Pro comes with the Garritan Pocket Orchestra library. If
anyone's played with this and the Personal orchestra, is one better than the
other? I've tried using the Pocket Orchestra, but can't quite get it to
sound like the Personal Orchestra demos, though I suspect you have to do
things with controllers to get the various nuances of an instrument.

Phil replied: when recording backing tracks, I managed to get Dimension Pro
to work for me.  However, I had to work quite hard to get the Garritan
Pocket Orchestra strings sounding and responding as I wanted and in the end,
used two instances of Dimension Pro.  One with short strings, and one with
long.  Now that I have the Garritan Personal Orchestra, I won't have to do
anywhere near as much work to get the strings to sound as I want them too as
they just play, sound and respond the way I would expect them too.  I will
also only require one instance of Garritan, rather than 2 instances of
Dimension Pro and won't need to do anywhere near as much with EQ,
compression and reverb as I had too with Dimension Pro.

Kelly wrote: 2. On the Garritan site, it says that in order to register
products like the Personal Orchestra, you have to drag and drop a picture of
the registration card or something into the program. Is that still the case
with the latest versions of their software, and if so, is there an
alternative we can use to register?

Phil replied: yes.   You have to drag the registration card into the
product.

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK +44-1747-821-794
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   I have a couple questions about Garritan's products.

1. Dimension Pro comes with the Garritan Pocket Orchestra library. If
anyone's played with this and the Personal orchestra, is one better than the
other? I've tried using the Pocket Orchestra, but can't quite get it to
sound like the Personal Orchestra demos, though I suspect you have to do
things with controllers to get the various nuances of an instrument.

2. On the Garritan site, it says that in order to register products like the
Personal Orchestra, you have to drag and drop a picture of the registration
card or something into the program. Is that still the case with the latest
versions of their software, and if so, is there an alternative we can use to
register?

   Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
For information regarding my Internet radio shows, links to my favorite
sites, and more, visit my personal website at http://www.ksapergia.net/.
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an affordable
price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com/.

following link: