[ddots-l] Re: 808 kicks distoring

  • From: "Sean A. Cummins" <seanacummins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 06:08:10 -0700

Omar,

Use your direct out from each of the individual channels, rather then the
sends, unless your having to sub mix your drums, but, you should be sub mixing
internally with Sonar.  This way you will eliminate some electronic hum because
of less circuitry for the signal to have passed through before being sent to
your DAW; likewise, reducing the chance for distortion.  Also, when setting
your Allan And Heath channel clip level, once it is attenuated at the input
stage of the operational amplifier, (OpAmp),  you shouldn't have to change it
ever again.  This should always remain a constant.

  Take Care,

  Sean