[dbsec] Database data identification across an enterprise.(Was: Re: NASTEC 2008....)

  • From: JN Contact <listcatch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:46:41 -0700

David, thanks for the reply, my question basically surrounds how one would
approach the identification and classification of data structures within an
enterprises databases given little to no forward information surrounding the
systems or applications which actually use those particular databases.
Aside from really looking inside each database, table, field, etc. I was
just curious if there were any methods with which others have approached
this daunting task that proved useful. In either case it doesn't sound like
something easily answered but I was curious in either case.