[dbaust] Talking Vision: A celebration of Louis Braille's birthday

  • From: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Erika Webb <erikaweb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 02:49:20 -0800 (PST)

Talking Vision: A celebration of Louis Braille's birthday - 04 January 2012
http://www.visionaustralia.org/info.aspx?page=823&news=2437

Talking Vision' is Vision Australia's national radio program on blindness and
low vision.

In acknowledgement of the anniversary of the birth on January 4 1809, of
Braille inventor Louis Braille, this program celebrates Braille by delving in
to a lesser known area of its use. We revisit the program broadcast in July
2010, featuring the rich tradition amongst blind Australian musicians of the
Braille Music Camps. Every year, students of music and adult mentors who are
also blind or have low vision, Gather at Mittagong in NSW, for a week of
musical play and learning. We hear from two of the students and one of the many
adults who share their experience as musicians who have vision loss. We also
present this week, a musical tribute to Louis Braille performed by Blind
Canadian Terry Kelly.

Guests you can hear are:

Jordie Howell, blind musician and Adult Braille Instructor with Vision
Australia;
Student Emma-Mae Schmidt from Albury NSW;
Student Nelson Rufatt from Avalon NSW;
Blind Canadian musician Terry Kelly with Merci Louis.

You can listen here to the program or go to
www.visionaustralia.org/talkingvision for broadcast details, an outline of
recent programs and links to the audio.