[softwarelist] Re: speak module

  • From: Colin Wood <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:11:20 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks - Speak module found - and in a very obvious place!

The other thing I asked was

> I used to have a utility (module?) which put files dropped on to
> the HardDisc4 icon into a subdirectory. Can anyone tell me what it
> is called, and where I'd get it?

Thanks, John, for the following

> That's a feature of RISC OS 4. You can change where files are saved
> by putting an obey file somewhere (Tasks) containing;

> Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir <destination dir>

However, I now find that dropping a file onto HardDisc4 icon does not
put it in $ directory: it seems to disappear (works fine with RAM
icon).

(so unsurprisingly what I tried first - an obey file containing
set HostFSFiler$DefaultDir HostFS::HardDisc4.$.Public
did not work).

Is this a 'feature' of VRPC-Adjust with its differently named FS?

Regards to all,