[softwarelist] Re: colour corrections

  • From: Matthew Hambley <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:05:28 GMT

In message <C1948FA0.1CA03%akalat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Mike Williams <akalat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> As an aside to my previous reply, I recently read that a major magazine
> publisher has now adopted an RGB workflow so maybe RISC OS is just ahead
> of the game.

That sounds like lazynes on said magazines side.  RGB are the primary
colours of transmissive mediums like monitors.  The traditional Red, Yellow
and Blue you played with as a child are the primary colours for reflect
mediums like the printed page.  Using RGB for something which is going to
end up printed is likely to lead to problems.

--
(\/)atthew )-(ambley : matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [ Public key : C991137B ]
                     : http://www.aether.demon.co.uk