[softwarelist] Re: colour corrections

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:42:39 +0100

In message <BumcttAKGubFFwVd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <e54be88d4e.arnold@arnold.?>, Arnold van der Heijden
> <info@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>
> Back to RISC OS, CC's Turbo drivers had some sort of fix that allowed
> apps. to print CMYK, and OP does actually use that. So presumably it
> could do the same for other enhanced drivers.

That is verys interesting. I was only aware of special variables set
by the TurboDrivers that allowed applications to detect whether the
drivers are currently separating themselves, which would allow
applications to print correct separations for full colour bitmaps even
through the RISC OS 3.1 256 colour printing system. I was not aware of
any solution for text and shape colours. How does it work?

> Martin - first I've heard about a PS level 3 driver!

As you are probably aware, the whole thing originated on this list a
couple of months ago. After some discussions, John Tytgat and me have
decided to go for it. That was many months ago already, but
unfortunately, getting hold of the sources and sorting out the
paperwork took rather a lot longer than expected. Hopefully, we will
officially announce the project soon and ask for donation pledges as
for Gimp-Print.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx