[softwarelist] Re: Windows Macro pane

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 14:36:14 +0100

Hi,

In message <53866c5e35dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
As no one has offered any suggestions...
I guess the answer might be put the Macro pane into ResHacker and add a
window maximise tool.

Sorry. I read your message, and I intended replying. I don't have a good reply which is probably why I didn't get on and send it.

I just don't recall why the difference. There can be nasty non-obvious snags with some things, if making the macros pane expand was going to take hours of work I'd probably not bother, even though that may be desirable.

I vaguely recall that people wanted the macros window to expand, whether I added that to RISC OS but not Windows I don't know.

Windowing systems have differences, for example Windows has the concept of empty space in its windows which RISC OS does not. That means a RISC OS window has to shrink when its contents shrink.

Have a go with ResHack - if adding an expand button does not work (and that is what I think will happen) you can always redesign the window so that it is larger.

Your question was why RISC OS windows don't expand - just because they don't, RISC OS look and feel, do Draw windows expand when the zoom goes up?