[softwarelist] Re: Thin lines in OvPro (Windows version)

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:18:40 +0000 (GMT)

In article <YCmukNB$4XWHFwkS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4f4d8c6098dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes
> >Any useful tips how to pick up ******* thin lines that just won't pick
> >up.

> There is Edit->Select all, or hold down shift and control with the
> select tool, this draws a box, and anything inside the box is selected
> on releasing the mouse button.

> Thin lines are not desirable for serious printing - because a "thin"
> line renders as one pixel wide on the destination device, and on a
> decent printer that is going to be invisible.

> If you can I would select all the lines - maybe use "Select all" then
> deselect the items which are not lines. Then F7 - modify object and set
> all the thickness for all the lines to non-thin in one fell swoop.

Thanks for getting back.
I was trying the "...hold down shift and control with the select tool" but
it wasn't doing anything. However your posting has prompted me to try
again, and I see my problem... I wasn't dragging a large enough area
outside the line object... I'm used to using Draw where you only need a
little drag over an onject to select it.

I'm aware of the catch with thin lines, and normally don't use them, and
most of the line work in the document is .25 or larger, but there were a
number of lines that absolutely had to be as thin as possible, and as I
mentioned in my posting, I did keep them at a larger size until it came
time for the final positioning, but then they had to be smalled down.

While on the subject of moving things, is there an OvPro for Win version of
the "NudgePal" applet?

Thanks
Dave S

PS: Not a great lover of Ctrl A in such cases as it's to easy to miss some
elements when deselecting, and have some nasty accidents.
D.