[softwarelist] Setting the date/time when DDL dropped into Ovation

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "David Pilling \(softwarelist\)" <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:09:07 -0000

Hello, David,

I often create documents on my Iyonix by dropping program-generated DDL files
into "templates" consisting of existing OvationPro documents.  Saving the
document as a new file works OK.  If, however, I save it to overwrite a
previous document, I get a warning that the file on disk is newer than the file
in memory - presumably because the file on disk is newer than the "template".

When I drop the DDL file into the Ovation Pro "template", an asterisk is added
to the title bar, so it registers that the document has been updated but from
the message I get when saving, I deduce that the date/time of the update is not
recorded correctly.  It's only a minor problem (it's been like that for years
but I never got round to mentioning it!) but if you could add it your little
list of such, it would be appreciated.  Unless, of course, it's a feature???

Regards
John Grogan