[softwarelist] Re: Setting the date/time when DDL dropped into Ovation

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 00:08:15 -0000

From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In message <00d201c83854$a00e28f0$9601a8c0@PC01>, John Grogan <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I often create documents on my Iyonix by dropping program-generated DDL
>files into "templates" consisting of existing OvationPro documents. >Saving the >document as a new file works OK. If, however, I save it to overwrite a >previous >document, I get a warning that the file on disk is newer than the file in >memory
>- presumably because the file on disk is newer than the "template".

As they say, that's a feature not a bug. Firstly you are talking about the overwrite applet - in other words something that you added to Ovation Pro. The applet has a menu that lets you change the warnings that are given.

The idea of this particular warning is to stop you clobbering the latest version of a document by taking an older version and editing it. That was a mistake I occasionally made in the past.

Thanks, David, I see that I had misunderstood the purpose of the applet.  I
was thinking it behaved more along the lines of the "Newer" filer option.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards
John Grogan