[softwarelist] Re: Printing lots of fonts

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 10:15:06 +0200

Dear David and Gavin,

Thank you for your suggestions. Some testing revealed that it is a
corrupted font indeed.

SPrinter was able to generate all the pages, including the one with the
corrupted font. Printing postscript to a file, however, froze the machine.
Examining that file revealed that things went wrong at the definition of
the font Concorde.Bold. Its large data block suddenly changes in an
infinite number of ÿ's and 0's. After having removed the page with that
font, printing went smoothly again.

So, although this discussion is no longer related to OvationPro, I still
would like to know what sort of corruption this is about. The font displays
nicely on screen, and loading it in any font editor (including FontFiend)
doesn't reveal anything special. Moreover, it's a nice font that I actually
don't want to delete. Is there a way to clean or repair a font, without
knowing what is wrong with it in the first place, other than that it won't
print to a postscript printer?

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers