[softwarelist] Re: Printing lots of fonts

  • From: John Tytgat <John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 19:04:08 GMT

In message <f6033f9252.Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> In message <52923737e9Paul@xxxxxxxx> you wrote:
>
> > So, although this discussion is no longer related to OvationPro, I still
> > would like to know what sort of corruption this is about. The font displays
> > nicely on screen, and loading it in any font editor (including FontFiend)
> > doesn't reveal anything special. Moreover, it's a nice font that I actually
> > don't want to delete. Is there a way to clean or repair a font, without
> > knowing what is wrong with it in the first place, other than that it won't
> > print to a postscript printer?
>
> Most probably there is something corrupt/very odd with it which the
> FontManager happily ignores (or just don't need that information), while
> the PS driver falls over because it converts the complete RO font into
> a PS one.

Summerized : it turned that this was a problem in our PS3 driver which
didn't react gracefully enough for one character in that particular font
which had twice the same subpath (not really what you would like to see
in a good font).  This will be fixed in the next version of our driver.

John.
John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx                             ARM powered, RISC OS driven