[softwarelist] Ovation Pro separations

  • From: Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:10:22 +0000 (GMT)

I've just been making colour separations from an Ovation Pro file
which incorporated an Artworks file which itself incorporated a deep
sprite, and found that all the separations came up in colour on that
deep sprite, while being otherwise appropriate shades of grey.

Experimenting shows that this occurs only when a deep sprite is used
in the Artworks file; 8-bit and fewer sprites work correctly. This
can be seen via the View menu.

If the Artworks file is exported as a Draw file into Ovation, the
separations work correctly.

I surely can't be the first person to notice this, so my apologies if
it's old news, but I haven't yet found anything in writing about it.
It looks as if there's something not quite right with either the
Artworks renderer or the Ovation Artworks applet.

I'm using AWViewer v2.05, Ovation Pro v2.77 and Artworks applet v1.12
on an Iyonix. As Martin reads this list, I've spared his Artworks
list a copy.

Regards,

Richard Partridge.

--