[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro RISC OS 2.77 6th March

  • From: Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:56:54 +0800

In message <xWZMMUFvp$cNFw5t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,

> I've uploaded a new version of Ovation Pro for RISC OS to:

> http://www.davidpilling.com/ovationpro/upgrade/op277.zip

> This fixes the problems with rotated/image processed JPEGs on Beagle
> board [1].

> I have also set the code up so that if transformed JPEG plotting is
> supported, OP uses it. This should be a big win if you are printing
> large JPEG files to the PostScript level 3 driver, not only will the
> memory requirement be smaller [2], final PostScript should be more
> compact and probably higher quality.

> I would like someone to confirm if this works, I've not tested it.

I'll get to this later today if I can and let you know how it goes.

> [1] Thanks to the ROOL forum I believe I have resolved this problem. It
> seems new version of RISC OS (SpriteExtend 1.36 or later) correctly
> follow the documentation, bit 0 of R0 must be set to get the JPEG size,
> and OP was not setting this bit. Older versions of RISC OS provide the x
> and y dimensions of the JPEG regardless of the bit being set or not. I
> got the code correct in other places, I guess I copied this one piece of
> code from somewhere where I did not require the dimensions.

> [2] If you're wondering how the Ross McGuiness thread ended, Ross sent
> me a JPEG, and I worked out it would need 45MB of free memory to print
> it rotated, that's a lot of memory.

Thanks to David I've now increased my OPro print memory slot to 50Mb
and so far images have been handled OK.

Once again thanks.
Ross

--
Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farmstay
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781