[softwarelist] Ovation Pro RISC OS 2.77 6th March

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:19:43 +0000

Hi,

I've uploaded a new version of Ovation Pro for RISC OS to:

http://www.davidpilling.com/ovationpro/upgrade/op277.zip

This fixes the problems with rotated/image processed JPEGs on Beagle board [1].

I have also set the code up so that if transformed JPEG plotting is supported, OP uses it. This should be a big win if you are printing large JPEG files to the PostScript level 3 driver, not only will the memory requirement be smaller [2], final PostScript should be more compact and probably higher quality.

I would like someone to confirm if this works, I've not tested it.

[1] Thanks to the ROOL forum I believe I have resolved this problem. It seems new version of RISC OS (SpriteExtend 1.36 or later) correctly follow the documentation, bit 0 of R0 must be set to get the JPEG size, and OP was not setting this bit. Older versions of RISC OS provide the x and y dimensions of the JPEG regardless of the bit being set or not. I got the code correct in other places, I guess I copied this one piece of code from somewhere where I did not require the dimensions.

[2] If you're wondering how the Ross McGuiness thread ended, Ross sent me a JPEG, and I worked out it would need 45MB of free memory to print it rotated, that's a lot of memory.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK