[softwarelist] Re: OvPro print from start-up

  • From: Ian Hamilton <Ian.Hamilton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Pilling <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:41:34 +0000 (GMT)

In article <3A3BDDB7-176F-4EFF-A945-F9DCE314295D@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael
Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using OvPro 2.76 on an Iyonix with RiscOS 5.12 (with USB2) - but
> this is an old problem that occurred with previous versions of OvPro
> and with 5.11, 5.09, etc. The printer is an HP LaserJet 1100,
> driven by an HP LaserJet 6 driver. It all works well, aside from what
> follows.

> From start-up, if OvPro is the first program I try to print from, I
> get the window that asks how many pages, etc (and knows what printer
> I'm using) but then I always get an error message. ISTR different ones
> in the past, but currently I am getting " Can't open 'Printer:' "

What does '*Show Printer$Path" reveal?

> USB Kick is no help with this.

It wouldn't but !PrintSpool should.

> Ways to work around this:

[Snip]

> I suppose this could be a USB problem or an Iyonix problem, but the
> other programs do work.

It's a peculiarity of pop-up !Printers. If you click on the !Printers
icon for the LaserJet before printing from OvPro it should work.

HTH,
Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
             (Iyonix  RO5)  Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5